[OLSR-users] unstable routing tables with 0.4.8

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 3 12:33:15 CEST 2005

Franca,

I suggest you try 0.4.9(or current) before debugging further. There was
quite a few bugfixes in 0.4.9 and some of them were related to route
calculation. They could lead to the situation you describe if I remember
correctly.

- Andreas

Franca Delmastro wrote:
> Hi guys!
> It could be probable that my processor was at 100% during those experiments,
> but if it was why all nodes received Hello packets from their 1-hop
> neighbors but they don't receive information about nodes at 2, 3 or 4 hops
> distance???
> Packet collisions or exchange context between multiple threads should
> involve also hello packets!?
>
> Using ad hoc networks each node behaves both as client application and as
> router, managing  routing packets and topology changes. Building
> applications for multi-hop ad hoc networks I need to evaluate routing
> performances especially increasing number of nodes.
>
> I'm running olsr on linux kernel 2.6.9 and my configuration file is attached
> to this email.
> Another question is: how can I increase the priority of olsr process and its
> traffic on the network?
>

> Thanks a lot for your help!
> Franca

Andreas Tønnesen