[OLSR-users] Network stability

John Gorkos (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 29 04:23:44 CEST 2005

That's a possible scenario, but the one user is strictly a web-browser type,
and the other wasn't even home when I was testing the link.
I'm going to put wondershaper on all of the eth1 interfaces in the network,
and limit outbound traffic to maybe 1mbps, and possibly give olsrd packets
higher priority in the overall scheme of things.  I'm just now getting my
brain wrapped around traffic shaping, so it might be a while before I get all
the priorities down to a science.

I can tell you that the 26 or so users I have on the mesh use 2-3x more
bandwidth than my point-to-multipoint customers do.  I just provisioned a
brand-spanking new 6mb/s DSL line for them today.  Hopefully that will keep
them happy.

Thanks for the thought, though.

John Gorkos