[OLSR-users] Double radio mesh test

dennis khoo (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 19 23:22:45 CEST 2005

http://www.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-users/2005-January/000500.html

> Do you use omni-directionnal antennas or
> directional?
>
> Does B and D see each other in *both* channels?

We tried the config in a small space using omni
antennas(since we only have those lying around) to see
if OSLR can handle the particulary scenario and test
performance. So yes B and D do see each other in both
channels, along with 3 or 4 other APs around the
neighborhood so I would imagine directional antennas
would be better suited.  (Now if only I can get my
hands on those.)  Please post back your results and
findings if you do go ahead with it.

The nice thing is since everything is redundant, if
one path gets too noisy(from all the other AP radios)
or goes down, OSLR switches to the other path within a
few seconds so our http downloads actually do not get
terminated. I imagine we will probably try >2 radios
per node once we can scrounge up more cards.

Hopes this helps
dennis