[OLSR-users] Double radio mesh test

Stefan Sayer (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 18 19:04:42 CEST 2005

Hello,

I wonder whether meshdynamics' multi radio network is configured in a
distributed way or whether there is e.g. a central station that would
let the other station channel hop - they say that the network will
dynamically adapt to interference.

If it is really distributedly self configuring then I wonder how a
station can find a neighbor station that has hopped to another channel
to talk to another node (avoiding interference on the previous channel)
without scanning all the time. consider this:

first A is talking to B on ch1
A 1 ----------- 1 B

C                 D

then A and C hop to ch 6 while e.g. B talks to D on ch1
A 6             1 B
C 6             1 D

then B wants to talk to C: how does it know on which channel ?

In their graphics about 2,3,4 radios they never have a more realistic
mesh situation where some nodes are in the same range - there is alway
only two nodes in one circle.

Stefan