[OLSR-users] 0.4.8 segfault

Ignacio García Pérez (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 11 17:49:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

We are currently using 0.4.8 with no problems so far. It was build in a Fedore Core 2 system and deployed in twentysome embedded systems. However, today I tried for the first time to compile it under Fedore Core 3 and olsrd segfaults upon startup.

As far as I know, the only significative change in FC3 is gcc (3.3.3 -> 3.4.2).

I have observed that the files oparse.c and oscan.c should NOT be there, since they are generated by flex & bison. Just in case this was the problem, I erased them and recompiled, with no luck.

So, I know that:

1- This is probably a problem that has already been discursed in the list.
2- This is already fixed in CVS.
3- This is already fixed in 0.4.9.

I cannot afford to migrate to 0.4.9 at the moment without some extensive testing, so I really need to compile 0.4.8. I'll start right now to search for the problem in the list archives and in CVS, because I urgently need to compile it and have no FC2 system available. But if someone can point out the solution and save me some time, I'll be *very* thankful.

Thanks.

Nacho.