[OLSR-users] OLSR + openwrt + wrt54G/S

Obrien, Haskell W. (spam-protected)
Sat Apr 9 17:47:34 CEST 2005

I've just started looking into using OLSR to build a wireless mesh using Linksys WRT54G and WRT54GS units.  My test hardware is in the hands of UPS right now.  I've got a few questions...

1) How robust is OLSR?  Should I expect to have to reset my hardware every so often?

2) Has anyone had the above combination of hardware + software running for a while?  Any comments?

I like the WRT54G/s solution because it's so inexpensive.  I've found a few pages of people using the hardware, but little in the way of 'I've been using these for a year now without problem'.  All I've found so far is hearsay.

My configuration will use PoE to get power and network to the box, WRT54G/s will be mounted in an enclosure, with a short connection to the antenna.

I'm absolutely interested in your comments!  Thanks!

Will O'Brien