[OLSR-users] invalid Link type between sym_NEIGH ?

Frédéric DELAUNAY (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 8 17:36:54 CEST 2005

I tested OOLSR, from Hipercom and it works like Unik OLSR, or it's maybe
Unik who works like OOLSR ? :-P
So in the RFC:

          7       6       5       4       3       2       1       0
      +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+
      |   0   |   0   |   0   |   0   | Neighbor Type |   Link Type   |
      +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+

with:

18.5.  Link Types
          UNSPEC_LINK           = 0
          ASYM_LINK             = 1
          SYM_LINK              = 2
          LOST_LINK             = 3
18.6.  Neighbor Types
          NOT_NEIGH             = 0
          SYM_NEIGH             = 1
          MPR_NEIGH             = 2

So in our case
4 means SYM_LINK with no NOT_NEIGH, that's strange... when the definition is:
     -    NOT_NEIGH - indicating that the nodes are either no longer or
          have not yet become symmetric neighbors.

In the example of Daffys Neko all link between nodes is Symetric ? right ? so a SYM_NEIGH will be better
     -    SYM_NEIGH - indicating that the neighbors have at least one
          symmetrical link with this node.
and then SYM_LINK + SYM_NEIGH = 0110 => 6 (Symmetric Link)
So I don't know if what I said will help but it seems that there is a mistake.

Have a nice Week end
- Fred