[OLSR-users] Double radio mesh and OLSR

Henrion Benjamin (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 8 12:31:11 CEST 2005

Jim Thompson <(spam-protected)> [050408]:
> Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that you will "avoid interference"
> here, since the selectivity of
> common 802.11 radios is not high enough to prevent severe ACI.
>
> Now, if you were to move them to different *bands*, then you might have
> something, then again, you might introduce enough hysteresis that things
> really break.

I was thinking to use two different types of antennas, one in Hpol and
the other in Vpol. For instance, a slotted waveguide and a simple
colinear.

This way, you can be sure that there is less interference.

I will try to simulate the behaviour of OLSR with UML-wifi, but I need
to find an x86 box with enough ram to get several nodes running.

Does someone has already tried uml-wifi + olsr here?