[OLSR-users] Re: Segmentation fault about olsrd-0.4.9

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 6 15:03:23 CEST 2005

> another approach will be a date check of the *.so file against the
> executable with a warning prompt such as "Hell! Press Y-E-S to use that
> old
> stuff!"

:-D
Actually, I agree that olsrd itself should have a way to check
compability. The plugin interface version checked at plugin load was ment
to cover backwareds compabillity issues. But the problem here is rather
internal changes in olsrd, not updates in the plugin interface. But I
think perhaps we'll increase the plugin interface version for every
release so that olsrd will warn you about this at startup... perhaps using
your suggested warning Sven-Ola  ;-)

- Andreas