[OLSR-users] No MPR as Next Hop in Routing Table

lolo (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 5 04:45:34 CEST 2005

Oops, I didn't undestand thoroughfully the 10th chapter, third section,
of rfc 3626 :
any node can be selected as next hop and be a data relayer as long as it
has not set
its willingness to "WILL_NEVER"

what is still a bit weird in my mind is that a node with willingness set
to "WILL_LOW"
will have the same "chance" to be selected as next hop as a "WILL_DEFAULT"
or a MPR one, as long as it is a valid 1-hop neighbor leading to some
strict 2-hops
neighbor. am i right ? (as opposed to the heuristic MPR election that
weight the willingness
parameter)

did i missed something, a whole thread for instance ? ;-)

laurent

lolo wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I was asked some days ago if the MPR were the *only* nodes relaying
> traffic in an OLSR ad hoc network.
> I answered yes.
and i was wrong