[OLSR-users] Problem concerning the use of HNA !!

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 4 18:49:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

This issue has been discussed many times before on the list ;-)

OLSR is not responsible for external routing. All olsrd can do is
create an aggregated route to the HNA announce network. The gateway
node must either implement NAT or the nodes in the foregin network must
be able to route back into your OLSR network.
The easiest solution is to set up NAT on your gateway.

- Andreas

Frédéric DELAUNAY wrote:
> Re,
>
> I missed something, I tested traceroute and packet from Node C goes well
> to Node B then Node A but after that  * * * ... nothing
> I have a question maybe stupid !!! How node (192.169.100.254 in my
> example) could answer to my ping... Should I use a NAT on node A ? Is
> that the solution ?
>
> thanks again,
> Bye
>
> Frédéric DELAUNAY a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have some problems concerning the use of HNA. First of all I have
>> specified on the gateway node the network connecting to it manually in
>> /etc/olsrd.conf. Then I tested with the plugin olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.3.
>>
>> So I used olsrd.0.4.8 under Debian sarge 2.6.8.1.
>> Here's my topology, 3 nodes connecting with Ethernet.
>>
>> 192.168.100.0 network----------192.168.100.63  (Node A) 10.0.1.2
>> --------------- 10.0.2.1 (Node B) 10.0.2.2 -------- 10.0.3.1 (Node C)
>>
>> So Node A should be my gateway (from that node I can access correctly
>> to Internet and servers on network 192.168.100.0). On node B and C I
>> can see correctly HNA message annoucing Node A as a gateway (within
>> olsr-gui and route on a shell). But when I try to ping a node within
>> the network 192.168.100.0 (ping 192.168.100.254 for example), it
>> doesn't work.
>>
>> So should I do something more ? Have I missed to do something ? Tell
>> me if you need more details...
>>
>> thanks,
>> Best Regards,
>> Fred