[OLSR-users] OpenWRT experimental and OLSR

Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 1 01:37:35 CEST 2005

FYI,

As I am always testing OpenWRT I noticed that the new OpenWRT
experimental of March 28 has a newer version of libpthread in
use than the stable OpenWRT version --> libpthread-0.9.27.so

I say this as OLSR seems to have a dependency on this and it
might be of good information for the developers or people
who compile OLSR for mips (usage on WRT54G and WL500G etc etc).

I also noticed that I could not get the latest CVS compilation of John
(of Wildcat Wireless) for mips to run on this experimental OpenWRT.

OLSRD seems to crash the second I try to load the httpinfo webpage
in my browser (sometimes I only get the first page and then it crashes.)

The slighly older compilation of 8 Feb does work. Wierd.

I tried it twice on newly flashed openwrt's and they showed the same
issue....

Aldert.

ps, URLs :

Latest -experimental- version of OpenWRT :
http://openwrt.org/downloads/experimental/
(I kinda think it rocks with things like jffs2, so no more wierd
 symbolic link stuff...)

OLSR CVS compile of John that seems to crash on experimental :
http://www.wildcatwireless.net/wrt54g/olsrd_0.4.9-cvs-wrt2_mipsel.ipk

Older CVS compile of John that seems to work on experimental :
http://rotz.org/ANC/snapshot-25-Feb-2005/olsr-8feb2005-snapshot-for-mips/olsrd_0.4.9-cvs-wrt1_mipsel.ipk
(Could not find it on John his repository so put it on my server,
 if that is a problem I willl remove it of course...)