[OLSR-users] Question about configuration!

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 18 22:14:05 CEST 2004

ken chung wrote:
> I have 2 computers running Redhat9 with olsrd and each has wireless
> interface that can ping to each other.
>
> When I run olsrd in both computers, I cannot detect my neighbor form
> debug message! Anyone can help me to fix it??

Redhat 9 defaults to install a firewall that blocks most ports,
including the port used by olsr.

The first thing I would check if I was you is the output from "iptables"
on the machines.

If the iptables tells you that a firewall is in place, a quick test is
to temporary disable iptables ("/etc/init.d/iptables stop" or "service
iptables stop") and rerun olsrd.

If this works, run without firewall (if you are on a private network),
or add a entry to allow olsrd packets on all olsrd hosts (after starting
iptables again ("service iptables start"):
"iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 698 -j ACCEPT"

I think the port 698 is correct for olsrd.

You may save the new addition to the firewall by running "service
iptables save".
This will save the new firewall rules to the file /etc/sysconfig/iptables.

If none of this helps just ask again :)

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik