[OLSR-users] Received HNA from NON SYM neighbor???

(spam-protected) (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 15 15:40:01 CEST 2004

Selon Andreas Tønnesen <(spam-protected)>:

> Hi,
>
> This means that the node received a HNA message from a neighbor to which
> it has no symmetric link(yet). According to the RFC such messages(all
> messages but HELLO) are to be silently discarded. In other words - they
> are not beeing processed.
> As soon as a symmetric link is established, incoming HNA messages(and
> others) will be processed. One could imagine caching up HNA/TC/MID info
> awainting a symmetric link - but this would not be RFC compilant - and IMO
> this is not a big problem.
>
> I hope this answerd yopur question.
Well, I'm a newbie in OLSR technology so I ask you a new question (the last one
;-)

What Can I do to make this link symetric ? Do you think it's a problem about
radio link quality between the two nodes?

Thanx