[OLSR-users] Forcing wireless interfaces

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 12 07:37:50 CET 2004

John,

This does not affect the network and you shouldn't have to worry about
it :) From 0.4.8 this check(WLAN or not) will not be very important at
all as one can set all config options per interface in the config file.

- Andreas

John Gorkos wrote:
> Gang-
>   On my gateway machine of my mesh network
> (http://clearviewcity.wildcatwireless.net/cgi-bin/post_mesh_once.pl) I have
> two standard ethernet ports, both hooked to wireless bridges.  Olsrd runs on
> eth1, and when olsr starts, it says:
> Checking eth1:
>         Not a wireless interface
> Interface eth1 set up for use with index 0
>         Address:192.168.7.1
>         Netmask:255.255.255.0
>         Broadcast address:192.168.7.255
> Adding OLSR socket entry 5
> New main address: 192.168.7.1
>
> The problem is, it IS a wireless interface, just not one that is
> wireless-tools compatible (the ethernet card is directly connected to the
> wireless bridge, which does have an IP of 192.168.7.2).  Two questions:
> 1:  does this affect the mesh network
> 2:  can I force olsrd to see this as a wireless interface, and should I even
> worry about it?
>
> Thanks,
> John Gorkos

Andreas Tønnesen