[OLSR-users] Forcing wireless interfaces

John Gorkos (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 12 00:00:22 CET 2004

Gang-
  On my gateway machine of my mesh network
(http://clearviewcity.wildcatwireless.net/cgi-bin/post_mesh_once.pl) I have
two standard ethernet ports, both hooked to wireless bridges.  Olsrd runs on
eth1, and when olsr starts, it says:
Checking eth1:
        Not a wireless interface
Interface eth1 set up for use with index 0
        Address:192.168.7.1
        Netmask:255.255.255.0
        Broadcast address:192.168.7.255
Adding OLSR socket entry 5
New main address: 192.168.7.1

The problem is, it IS a wireless interface, just not one that is
wireless-tools compatible (the ethernet card is directly connected to the
wireless bridge, which does have an IP of 192.168.7.2).  Two questions:
1:  does this affect the mesh network
2:  can I force olsrd to see this as a wireless interface, and should I even
worry about it?

Thanks,
John Gorkos