[OLSR-users] Injecting OLSR messages

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 5 21:43:49 CET 2004

Hi,

S. Ely wrote:
> attractive enough to the clients.  Do you have any references to the
> actual packets being sent over the wire?

I'm not sure what you mean by this... OLSR has no knowledge of regular
data traffic being sent(and lost), if that is what you mean.

> Also, what sort of
> authentication does olsr provide?

None. A security plugin for olsrd, providing integrity and
non-repudiatin,  exists - which was something I developed as part of my
master thesis. You can read about it here:
http://www.olsr.org/docs/report_html/node156.html
However - this is very preliminary and "proof of concept" stuff. No
standarizations exists(for OLSR AFAIK, I think there is a draft for
Secure AODV around...).

- Andreas

--
Andreas Tønnesen