[OLSR-users] Wired Ethernet really isn't

John Gorkos (spam-protected)
Wed May 5 06:50:26 CEST 2004

Andreas/group-
  I've got a wired ethernet card plugged directly into a wireless bridge in
ad-hoc mode, meaning I want olsrd to treat it as a wireless interface, but
since there are no wireless extensions on the interface, olsrd treats it as a
wired interface.  The end result is that remote stations in the mesh never
see the wireless bridge/router as a link partner, even though it is.  Of
course, the wireless bridge/router combo sees all the other nodes in the
network immediately.
  Very occassionally the router/bridge will get seen by remote nodes, but the
HELLO will almost immediately timeout and they'll lose interest in the bridge
as a link partner.

The question is, how do I fake the funk in the olsrd.conf to convince olsrd to
treat eth1 (in this case) as a wireless interface instead of a wired
interface?

Thanks!
John Gorkos