[OLSR-users] Debug 1 required to work?

Andrew Nott (spam-protected)
Sat Jun 26 14:51:50 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've just started playing with OLSR, at this stage I have olsrd running
on a pair of Linksys WRT54G boxes with OpenWRT b4 - currently I'm using
the ipkgs of 0.4.3 packaged by John Gorkos and available through Marc
Quinton's repository.

When I run olsrd -d 1, and everything appears to work perfectly. The
neighbour lists are updated and host routes appear for the other box.
Then the dynamic gateway plugin detects that one has a route to the net,
and the other box has a default route set via the gateway.

However, when I run olsrd with no debug arguments, things are a little
different. The daemon detaches, three olsrd processes appear in the
process listing, but no route updates happen.

With one copy of olsrd set to debug 1 and the other debug 0 the debug
prints look almost right. Willingness is changed from 0 to 3, the other
box appears in the neighbour list, the link is set to NOT pending, and I
get HELLO timeouts when the second copy goes down, etc etc. But the
neighbour list status flags remain l=0:m=0:w=3, rather than changing to
l=1:m=0:w=3 as they do after the link is set to not pending with both
daemons in debug mode, and no routes are added on either box.

Any ideas?

Andrew Nott