[OLSR-users] Bug/feature?: hosts of the same LAN in the routing table

Jens Nachtigall (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 6 10:00:08 CEST 2004

> > #1 is on LAN #5
> > #2 and #3 are on LAN #6
> >
> > Is there any need to include host addresses #1, #2 and #3 in the
> > routing table, since they are directly reachable through the LAN?
>
> yes this is how mesh routing works.

Yes, sure. The thing is that the mentioned host addresses are just one
hop away, from my point of view olsrd could notice that they are
somewhat redundant, since there is already one sufficient entry (the
one for the lan) within the routing table. Hence, the routing table
would be smaller. Or what is wrong with that perspektive?

Jens