[OLSR-users] OLSR-0.4.5 and Bridging WDS Interfaces

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Mon Jul 5 13:45:13 CEST 2004

Hi again Graeme,

Thanks for the explanation. I know to little about the
hostAP/WDS scheme to draw any conclusions about the
problems... hopefully somebody else on the list knows
more about it?
Anyways, what I can tell you is that different kind
of wierdness could definetly occure when running olsrd
on "non-physical" interfaces :)
My best guess is that the problems are connected to the
special setup, olsrd 0.4.5 has ran for some hours here
now(since I received your first mail) on a small fixed
topology without any strange things happening.
But you assume right about OLSR operation. In a static
network it will work much like any link-state routing
protocol, and in your scenario the routes should be
stable.

Hopefully somebody else has some comments on this.

regards,
Andreas