[OLSR-users] Regular data broadcasting in ad hoc networks

lolo (spam-protected)
Sat Dec 18 14:55:42 CET 2004

Andreas Tønnesen wrote:

> A regular broadcast will not be routed in an ad-hoc network routed by
> any of the MANET protocols.

That is the response I was looking for. I knew they were protocol proposal
to achieve multicasting (MOLSR, MAODV comes to mind), beside the original
broadcast idea from Andreas, but could not find a clear answer about simple
broadcast. In a way that is strange because broadcast is maybe *the*
building
block that every ad hoc routing protocol have in common.

Thanks for making clear a fuzzy idea

Laurent