[OLSR-users] Some updated on 0.4.4

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 30 05:26:09 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Just some words on what will be added on 0.4.4.

I am currently working on a security plugin for olsrd that will be a
part of olsrd 0.4.4. This functionality will ensure integrity in the
MANET by the use of a shared key and freshness will be ensured by a
timestamp exchange functionallity. The protocol itself will be described
in my master thesis and in a paper later on. I can't say just how well
documented or tested this plugin will be in the 0.4.4 realease but I
figure it will be interesting for some anyways.

Besides that I will update the gateway tunneling code used in this paper:
http://www.olsr.org/docs/XA-OLSR-paper-for-ICC04.pdf
so that it is usable without all the obscure pre-configuration needed as
of now - but this will probably not happen in the 0.4.4 release.

In my work at Thales Communications I have implemented a IP(v4) address
autoconfiguration plugin(and daemon) that I hopefully can release into
the public domain soon. However I cannot assure that this plugin will be
GPL licensed. This work will be documented in a Internet draft and
probably a paper in the near future.

Minor issues that will be updated in 0.4.4 are some RFC compliance
issues(HNA IPv6 messages and route calculation based on WILL_ALWAYS),
some more options in the configuration file and some more work on the
link-layer information(but this is far from beeing usable as of yet).

And finally - as my master is soon finished I am looking for a
_interesting_ job(Unix, C, network...) ;)

- Andreas T

--
Andreas Tønnesen((spam-protected))
UniK University Graduation Center