[Olsr-dev] netjson plugin

Conrad Lara (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 21 22:23:02 CEST 2016

I'm not an expert on netjson,   did I miss a line that says "known" links are local only on my quick read? If not doesn't OLSR "know" about all the links because of the OLSR packet forwarding?(dot_draw determines this already somehow to draw it's graphs)

Just because one isn't directly connected to the link doesn't mean (unless RFC says so) that you don't know about it.  The RFC calls for a source and  destination id for the link mapping. That could easily handle showing the remote node. If the source was just the same node why would the protocol call for a source node ID definition when's just a destination would tell you everything you need because the link could only be local? It also doesn't state that the source id must be the presenting node.

A quick google already showers at least one test sample file that shows this in action as part of the system test for netdiff https://github.com/ninuxorg/netdiff/blob/master/tests/static/netjson-3-links.json that it shows more then one source for the links to display (this is by no means a RFC proof of course as its not from the official source but makes me think this deserves more in depth discussion)

Sent from my iPhone