[Olsr-dev] OONF version 0.8.0

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed May 27 13:26:23 CEST 2015

Hi,

olsrd is close to be pushed up to version 1.0 (not much more on our
"needs to be done" list), but OONF is also maturing.

v0.8.0 of OONF contains a new set of UCI init scripts, all three
OpenWRT packages have been converted to use the UCI based config
files.

DLEP has been updated to a newer draft and its configuration has been
cleaned up. I am currently waiting for the final DLEP RFC to make the
last changes.

There is also a new subsystem category called "crypto", which adds
support for RFC7182 (RFC5444 signatures). Easiest way to test this is
to add the three plugins "rfc5444_signature", "hash_tomcrypt" and
"simple_security".

The changes for the signature support in the core of OONF were quite
small, so it should not increase the size of the executable for people
not interested in crypto-support.

Have fun.