[Olsr-dev] Migration from olsrd v1 to v2

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 28 12:59:45 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Saverio Proto <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> maybe it is too early for production.
>> our migration path is: olsrd2 for IPv6 and olsrd1 for IPv4
>> (which means: if there is something wrong with IPv6 you can still use IPv4)
>
> That looks like a reasonable migration path.
>
> If I think of a migration path for Ninux Roma, this could be a possible option.
> However we get our IPv6 upstreams from special severs that run IPv6
> BGP(quagga) / olsrd1 with quagga plugin.
>
> I have no idea if olsrdv2 interacts with Quagga at the moment. Does it ?
>
> If not that could be a blocking feature to propose the upgrade in Ninux Roma.
>
> I think this is something worthed to be discussed at the Battlemesh.
> Unfortunatly this year I will not make it to be there.

It should be quite easy to integrate Quagga in olsrd2... if you have
experience with Quagga.

I have never worked with Quagga myself, so this is a problem. We
cannot use Quagga's Zebra library because it is GPL, which is in
conflict with the OONF license.

I would really like to have a clean rewrite of the necessary Zebra
client code to get something with a clean license... the Quagga plugin
for olsrd has a hack as a license.

So if you find someone to do the work towards the Quagga side I will
do the work on the OONF side.