[Olsr-dev] Migration from olsrd v1 to v2

Saverio Proto (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 28 12:44:26 CEST 2015

> maybe it is too early for production.
> our migration path is: olsrd2 for IPv6 and olsrd1 for IPv4
> (which means: if there is something wrong with IPv6 you can still use IPv4)

That looks like a reasonable migration path.

If I think of a migration path for Ninux Roma, this could be a possible option.
However we get our IPv6 upstreams from special severs that run IPv6
BGP(quagga) / olsrd1 with quagga plugin.

I have no idea if olsrdv2 interacts with Quagga at the moment. Does it ?

If not that could be a blocking feature to propose the upgrade in Ninux Roma.

I think this is something worthed to be discussed at the Battlemesh.
Unfortunatly this year I will not make it to be there.

my 2 cents.

Saverio