[Olsr-dev] Migration from olsrd v1 to v2

Bastian Bittorf (spam-protected)
Mon Jul 27 20:49:03 CEST 2015

* Ferry Huberts <(spam-protected)> [27.07.2015 20:42]:
> IMHO you shouldn't abuse olsr (a routing protocol) to distribute user data.

i'am not sure about this "conservative" opinion.
IMHO only the proto itself is aware of the best way how to
distribute the data. it's the same discussion about abstraction
of network layers: on the old days there was a consensus that
layerX should not need to know anything about layerY.

now we know that layer3 need to know something
about layer1+2 for better routing...

this means: when we distribute data with standard tools
(e.g. multicast) it will not work in a mesh network. what
are the "products" you have in mind?

bye, bastian