[Olsr-dev] Custom Routing Metrics

Shane Melton (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 21 23:40:11 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

I am a student doing research on adaptive routing through mobile mesh
networks and I decided to use olsr to create the test bed for our
experiments. I've been looking through olsrd's source over the past couple
of weeks trying to become more familiar with its functionality.

What I would like to do is create some additional metrics that will be
gathered by each node to be used in calculating the best routes for the
network. What these metrics will be hasn't been decided yet, but they will
vary at each nodes location so we would like to adapt the route based on
the values measured. So my primary question: How would I go about adjusting
the routing information throughout the network based on some external data
that can come from each node?

I believe I can write a plugin to accomplish this task, I'm just not sure
where to begin or if there is better method of going about this. Any help
to get in going in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane