[Olsr-dev] OLSRd V2 - ethernet-Links / measure speed

Bastian Bittorf (spam-protected)
Wed May 28 18:52:14 CEST 2014

* Teco Boot <(spam-protected)> [28.05.2014 18:22]:
> I miss the last reply from Bastian.

i had to reanable my list-membership due to bounces, maybe a hickup...

> The (Thales) link cost plugin just did what Bastian suggested. It sends packet trains and estimate rate based on received arrival interval. It uses short and long packets, the diff would provide rate. Works well, but is far to slow to converge in a more dynamic network.

very good, will do some test with this.
is this the same plugin, what henning talked about? ("link_config")

at the moment i use
OONF_CUSTOM_STATIC_PLUGINS="cfgparser_compact cfgio_file ff_dat_metric neighbor_probing nl80211_listener link_config auto_ll4 layer2_viewer"

but i cannot see it:
(spam-protected):~ olsrd2 --version
 OLSRd2 version 0.4.1
 Application commit: fc0fdd4-dirty
 Library commit: 734d561
Visit http://www.olsr.org
Static plugin: auto_ll4
Static plugin: cfgio_file
Static plugin: cfgparser_compact
Static plugin: ff_dat_metric
Static plugin: layer2_viewer
Static plugin: neighbor_probing
Static plugin: nl80211_listener

before the change: (with 'eth_listener')

(spam-protected):~ olsrd2 --version
 OLSRd2 version 0.4.1
 Application commit: a452ab9
 Library commit: v0.4.1-19-gc90fa36
Visit http://www.olsr.org
Static plugin: auto_ll4
Static plugin: cfgio_file
Static plugin: cfgparser_compact
Static plugin: eth_listener
Static plugin: ff_dat_metric
Static plugin: layer2_viewer
Static plugin: neighbor_probing
Static plugin: nl80211_listener

> Whatever we do, we should be able to set a per interface default, a per neighbor override and/or a dynamic measurement.

yes - henning, please suggest a configuration format.

bye, bastian