[Olsr-dev] OLSRd V2 - ethernet-Links / measure speed

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed May 28 13:00:10 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Bastian Bittorf
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> * Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> [28.05.2014 12:44]:
>> I don't think measuring every point-2-point connection (every few
>> seconds) on every non-wifi connection is a good idea.
>
> i agree. but it should be ok, to do this at least once.
> a typical ethernet-connection is stable over lifetime/olsrd2-uptime.

Yes, maybe.

>> The eth_listener plugin might be a hack that we have to remove again,
>> but just spamming measurements is not really that much better.
>
> the value i can tweak there seems to be 'interval',
> acording to 'olsrd2 --schema=eth_listener'

Yes. The interval should depend on the type of interface... a local
ethernet link doesn't need to be probed that often as an internet
connection or maybe even a special wireless bridge.

> you spoke if a way to inject speed-values via link_layer,
> but an additinal plugin must be statically compiled in,
> can you give some more hints?

In the OpenWRT makefile of Olsrd2 you find a line that sets the cmake
variable OONF_CUSTOM_STATIC_PLUGINS, it contains the list of plugins
you want.

I would suggest adding "link_config" and "layer2_viewer" to the
list... and maybe removing "eth_listener".

Henning Rogge