[Olsr-dev] olsrv2: observed routing loop when link goes down

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 11 12:30:10 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Vigneswaran R <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running latest olsrv2 in the following topology.
>
> vm1----------vm2---------vm3
> | \                      |
> |  \______               |
> |         \              |
> |          \             |
> vm4----------vm5---------vm6
>
> Fig.1  Six qemu virtual machines having four Ethernet NICs each
>
> * Initially, route from vm1 to vm6 is via vm5 ("vm1-->vm5-->vm6")
> * I started ping from vm1 to vm6
> * While ping was in progress, I put vm5's interface which is connected to
> vm6, DOWN (just to simulate 'vm5-vm6' link break)

You shut down the whole vm5 interface? So vm5 is not available from
any of its neighbors?

please use "echo /nhdpinfo jsonraw link | nc 127.0.0.1 2009" to get an
output what is going on on the links of a node.

Henning Rogge