[Olsr-dev] OLSRv2 release version 0.3.0

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 19 15:24:21 CEST 2013

On 09/19/2013 03:12 PM, Syed Salman Haider Rizvi wrote:
>> > /root/openwrt/attitude_adjustment/package/oonfapi/src-api/subsystems
>> > /os_generic/os_net_generic_join_mcast.c
>> > 148: Cannot set multicast wlan0 (src 224.0.0.109) on interface

Your interface configuration looks okay... Olsrd2 failed to register the
multicast address 224.0.0.109 on the wlan0 interface (yes, the error
message contains a bug, I just pushed a fix for this).

Can you give me the output of "ifconfig wlan0" ?

> Actually i m creating a test bed for almost 8 routers running with
> openwrt and the routers at the source and destination are communicating
> with my laptop/pc (lan4) interface . Please let me know how i will be
> able to use both wlan0 and lan4 for my olsrd communication.

Yes, two interfaces (either wlan or ethernet) are no problem (I already
tested this).

Either by running Olsrd2 on your laptop/pc or by defining an "Attached
Network" (same as Olsrd's HNAs).

> Also let me
> know the process so when my router will start it will be run
> automatically in the daemon mode (/etc/init.d/olsrd2 start) ?

I have still no start script, but the olsrd2 daemon can fork into
background itself. But lets first see that we get it running by hand.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE