[Olsr-dev] Olsrd2, version 0.2.1

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri May 24 10:14:49 CEST 2013

On 05/24/2013 10:05 AM, Teco Boot wrote:
> My concerns are scalability. Major improvements on what we have now
> would be smart flooding (flooding MPRs) and topology reduction. A
> single TC summary for each router would help a lot. Links are
> identified by 2 peering router IP addresses. Could be the summary
> addresses or link-locals. use those that have higher compression
> ratio?

linklocal addresses should not be in TCs anyways.

> Other optimization: links with next-hops that are not in own routing
> table can be removed from TC. Don't tell anyone else what you don't
> use yourself. Only tell the better routes: next-hops that are *in*
> the routing table.

I think this topology reduction you are talking about is default
behavior of OLSRv2, but someone has to come up with a usable MPR
algorithm for this.

TCs only include neighbors that choose the local node as a MPR. If a
node has only one routable address (and the rest is linklocal), TCs will
only contain one IP per neighbor that is used as a next hop.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE