[Olsr-dev] 'debian/' folder should not be included in release tarballs!

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Wed May 22 22:19:47 CEST 2013

On 05/22/2013 04:15 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On 05/22/2013 05:17 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> On 05/22/2013 11:11 AM, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
>>> On Die, 2013-05-21 at 18:49 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> [....]
>>>
>>> IIRC we added it on request of the Debian packager to help/ease/... the
>>> package maintenance and it was - of course - to be maintained by the
>>> Debian packager
>>
>> And it helps people who want to build a current debian file directly from our
>> repository.
>
> It doesn't really, because its out of date.  It really serves to confuse
> people who want to build the Debian package, but it looks like the right
> thing, but then won't work right.  We have made a lot of improvements on the
> Debian packaging since 2010, and olsrd has changed as well.

I forgot to add: remove the debian/ folder and we add
README-Building-Debian-Package with this contents:

To build the debian package, do this:

1. go to this page: http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/olsrd
2. scroll down and download "olsrd_0.6.x.debian.tar.bz2
3. extract tarball into your olsrd source folder (e.g. olsrd/)
4. run "dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us"

Then everyone wins!

.hc