[Olsr-dev] release branches being merged into master?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 26 23:50:22 CET 2013

Hmm..

I think master is never merged into release branches (they just branch
off the master at some point)... this would mean we take new
development/experimental commits into a a release.

you might cherry-pick a commit from master to fix it also on the
release branch.

The other option to make sure than both master and release contain the
same fixes is to fix the release branch and then merge it to master,
so you got all "fixes" also in the current development code.

We want all we fix in release branches also in master. We don't want
new development in master also in the release branches.

I hope this makes sense.

Henning

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
<(spam-protected)> wrote:

> I noticed that some release branches (for example, release-0.6.5) are being
> merged back into master.  I seem to remember that the branch reorg stipulated
> that merges only ever happen from master into release branches, and never from
> release brances into master. Did that change?
>
> .hc

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingured
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan