[Olsr-dev] [Olsr-users] [SUGGESTION] Interface no up and/or running

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 10 20:33:55 CEST 2013

Do you want to say that Olsrd-0.6.5 does not work with Ethernet interfaces?

Thats definitely not true.

Henning Rogge

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Matteo <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi all,
> until today I used olsrd-0.6.0 for WiFi multi-hop, but today I compiled the last stable version 0.6.5 .
> I noticed an error when I ran olsrd:  Interface no up and running.
> So, I read the ifnet.c and I figured out a few change between this last version and 0.6.0 .
>
> The problems were in chi_if_up and chi_if_changed function , when it checks if the wifi is up and running.
> Then, for WiFi connection I suggest to modify if(((ifs.int_flags & IFF_U) == 0) || ((ifs.int_flags & IFF_RUNNING)==0)) => if((ifs.int_flags & IFF_U) == 0) in both the above functions.
>
> This check  if(((ifs.int_flags & IFF_U) == 0) || ((ifs.int_flags & IFF_RUNNING)==0)) works with ethernet because you can set ifs.int_flags with IFF_RUNNING
>
> Best,
> Matteo

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan