[Olsr-dev] reduce OLSR bandwidth by tuning emission intervals

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 26 22:26:47 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Teco Boot <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Because many MANETs might have more than one VPN endpoint. Which makes
>> it difficult for the backbone to decide which endpoint to use (same
>> prefix for multiple endpoints).
>
> My described network design does't run routing on the tunnel. Each router sets up its own tunnel. So for example a MANET with 20 routers and 5 exit links has 20 tunnels. Average number of tunnel keep-alives on exit link is 4. For MANETs with few exit links, this models doesn't work well. But this becomes less common, I think.

Not sure I get how this works.

>> Thats just a matter of routing metric. If the VPN costs are low
>> enough, they will be highly preferred.
>
> No, in the described model there is no routing on the tunnel.

Okay, maybe "HNA with low metric". So that these "external prefixes
behind the tunnel" have a well defined cost from the mesh point of
view.

Henning Rogge
--
We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingured
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to