[Olsr-dev] brainstorming for new feature - HNA routes read from the kernel

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 25 20:38:15 CET 2013

"Share my routes to the mesh" would be a dangerous switch... maybe
something like "export routing table X" could work, as long as its not
the routing table OLSRd writes its own routes into.

Henning Rogge

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
<(spam-protected)> wrote:

> I was under the impression that the dyn_gw plugin did something like that.
> I'd like to see a very simple version of this, something like "share my routes
> to the internet" true/false.  Then if true, it would announce the routes via
> HNA, and false, ignore them.
>
> .hc
>
> On 02/25/2013 01:58 PM, Saverio Proto wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> this email is about implementing a new feature that I like because I
>> experienced it in babeld.
>>
>> in babeld you dont configure HNA networks in the config file, you tell
>> babel to redistribute routes from the kernel that match a specific
>> protocol (for example static). There are also filters to prevent
>> distribution of stuff you dont want to distribute.
>>
>> I find this approach much more flexible and dynamic of the one we have
>> now, with HNA fixed in the configuration file and immutable unless a
>> demon restart.
>>
>> I think porting this feature to olsrd is a must, and we can reuse some
>> babeld code :)
>>
>> Also, this could be a task for a GSoC 2013 student ?
>>
>> This is just brainstorming at the moment.
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> Saverio

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingured
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan