[Olsr-dev] brainstorming for new feature - HNA routes read from the kernel

Saverio Proto (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 25 19:58:38 CET 2013

Hello,

this email is about implementing a new feature that I like because I
experienced it in babeld.

in babeld you dont configure HNA networks in the config file, you tell
babel to redistribute routes from the kernel that match a specific
protocol (for example static). There are also filters to prevent
distribution of stuff you dont want to distribute.

I find this approach much more flexible and dynamic of the one we have
now, with HNA fixed in the configuration file and immutable unless a
demon restart.

I think porting this feature to olsrd is a must, and we can reuse some
babeld code :)

Also, this could be a task for a GSoC 2013 student ?

This is just brainstorming at the moment.

ciao,

Saverio