[Olsr-dev] New plugin: telnet

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 20 18:53:40 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM, equinox <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 2013-02-20 18:04, schrieb Henning Rogge:
>
>> Maybe it would be possible to combine both plugins... keep the current
>> txtinfo commands as telnet commands and have some more commands.
>>
> this could be possible yes.

IF we decide to put this in OLSRv1, maybe we should have a look
together at your code and the OONF-code to see if we missed something
(in one or the other).

>> The other option would be to put the telnet server into the core and
>> let the plugins use it.
>>
> hmm.. What was the reason to drop the idea behind the telnet-at-core feature
> in the first place?

The reason was that the development branch had moved away from the
"stable" one that much that we never merged it back. So I decided to
move this feature to OLSRv2, where both the telnet and the http server
is part of the core.

>> But you are right, the amount of things that can be changed during
>> runtime is limited with the current codebase.
>>
> Yes that's true but i think the things that can be changed is still worth
> the effort. Updating HNA or LQ mults is imho very useful and during my tests
> there was no problem with this. Although some more helper functions of the
> core would be nice to have...

Another feature I am working hard to put into OLSRv2... :)

everything will be reconfigurable during runtime. Either by triggering
a config-file reload or by telnet command.

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingured
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan