[Olsr-dev] New plugin: telnet

equinox (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 20 17:55:19 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 2013-02-20 17:30, schrieb Hans of Guardian:
> On Feb 20, 2013, at 3:54 AM, equinox wrote:

[...]
>>> Any relationship to the telnet code I had on the former master-branch
>>> some time ago?
>>
>> hmmm... no i didn't knew that you where working on that ... at least not
>> for this version of olsrd. I saw that you have a telnet server at the
>> oonf api and thought this would be nice to have for olsrd (v1) as well.
>> The code i added contains a little bit of jsoninfo (initialization of
[...]
> And I took that code from httpinfo ;).  This sounds very nice!  I can see using it to allow an app to add a button to enable sharing the interface via an HNA.

Yes that was the intention. I also think updating link quality
multipliers can be very usefull. Sometimes it takes ages to find the
right value because you always have to wait for the daemon to restart
and get the routing information through the network until then you are
loosing connectivity to the router running olsrd.

> I tried to review the code, but its in the form of almost 100 patches, making it hard to review.  Can you rebase those into a small set of topical patches?  If the code isn't that long, it probably makes the most sense to make it into a single commit/patch, IMHO.

hmmm... yeah thats true... Sorry for that.
This is a result of my kind of chaotic way of programming it. When i
started i just wanted to play around with hna entries. One week later it
was suddenly something much cooler and i wanted to share it with you. I
will take a look into the patch set and combine them into a handy number
of patches...
A single patch is probably to big (the plugin has ~3000 lines). I think
i will create a set of 6 patches (core, cmd_terminate, cmd_hna,
cmd_interface, cmd_lqmult, foreign commands)

regards
  christian