[Olsr-dev] [OpenWrt-Devel] package olsr / compiler bug on ARM / MIPS when using -Os

Bastian Bittorf (spam-protected)
Sun Sep 23 17:51:53 CEST 2012

> First of all: what's the fastest possible way to see if 'it works'

1)
standard build of package olsr must run on a affected router
with BCM4702/4710 CPU (e.g. Dell Truemobile 2300 or
Asus WL-500G).

2)
Add a 2nd router (arch does not matter) via Ethernet
(we need a second, the problem is that the faulty node
does not correctly process the protocol-messages from
the other one)

3)
configure both with these values:
(spam-protected)[0].AllowNoInt=yes
(spam-protected)[0].interface="lan wan"
(spam-protected)[0].Ip4Broadcast=255.255.255.255
(spam-protected)[0].library=olsrd_txtinfo.so.0.1
(spam-protected)[0].accept=0.0.0.0
(spam-protected)[0].port=2006

/etc/init.d/olsrd
sleep 60
wget -qO - http://127.0.0.1:2006/neighbours

this must show a neighbour on both routers.
I know, it's not easy to reproduce this.

> Is it in any way hardware specific so that the same image would
> work on
> one device and fail on another? Or does it only matter what target
> it
> was built for?

The same image works without problems on any other
"Linksys-type"-device, e.g. Linksys WRT54G/GS/GL or
Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 or ASUS WL-500g Premium

> I want to get to the point where I can test *specific* compiler
> optimizations individually, since apparently everybody else here
> who can
> reproduce the problem is either unable or unwilling to do these
> simple
> things.

maybe this code-snippet is a good starting point:
https://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-dev/2012-August/006055.html

the thread starts here:
https://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-dev/2012-August/006035.html

bye, bastian