[Olsr-dev] hardening 1by1: -Wformat -Wformat-security -Werror=format-security

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 15 17:10:46 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Hans of Guardian
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> That seems backwards to me.  I think "make" should give you a build with -O2.  And "make DEBUG=1" would disable anything that gets in the way of debugging.
>
> "make" should produce a production build with all the flags that olsrd devs think any production build should include.  It could include -g i.e. debug symbols since "make install" should strip them.

I think the reason for this behaviour is that most people that
compile(d) Olsrd themselves are testing something or using
experimental code. All distributions switch off DEBUG for their
packages of course.

Henning Rogge

--
Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that