[Olsr-dev] -Werror. WAS: Android build & regex

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 15 17:03:46 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Hans of Guardian
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> I propose to enable the -Werror flag on DEBUG builds.
>>
>> Our default build is with debug and most people (like mdns) build that way.
>> Also, the debug builds (on my system) pass with -Werror while the non-debug builds do not.
>
> As long as -Werror is not enabled when running "make", I can live with it being in a DEBUG mode, though I'll probably remove it frequently.
>
> But I think there is too much reliance on compiler warnings.  I think olsrd would be better if that energy was spent on writing automated tests.

I have written quite a few automatic tests for the basic framework for
OLSRv2, but writing tests for the routing code itself is very
difficult, even in the modularized new framework. In the current code
everything is connected to everything else... I don't know if I could
write tests for this.

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."