[Olsr-dev] [GSOC] - mDNS plugin. Filter out hosts we dont want to propagate

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu May 10 10:58:20 CEST 2012

On 05/10/2012 10:55 AM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) wrote:
> Hello Ferry,
>
> both approach make sense.
>
> for example in my home I have a lot of device that use chat based in
> mDNS. They get dynamic IPv4 address by DHCP. When I have guests at
> home I want them to be able to chat in mDNS. The only thing I want to
> filter out is maybe my private NAS o Apple Airport.
>
> the same scenario apply when we have a public place like Fusolab.
>
> I think the best is to implement both and configure a swith to tell
> the software if the list shuold be considered as a white list or as a
> black list.

Maybe we can use the ACL-code from master for this? It use four
parameters to allow to define both a black and a whitelist (and allowing
to set the priority of both lists and the default decision). The code is
also already integrated into the new OLSRv2 framework.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE