[Olsr-dev] adding config to txtinfo plugin?

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Thu May 3 16:22:37 CEST 2012

On May 3, 2012, at 2:21 AM, Markus Kittenberger wrote:

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>
> I have a complete Java wrapper for the txtinfo plugin, but I noticed that the httpinfo plugin provides the configuration while the txtinfo plugin does not.
> afair the txtinfo provides the config already!
>
> but its (for backward compatibility) not within the /all or default output
> (/all == /neigh/link/route/hna/mid/topo)
>
> e.g.: wget -t 1 -O - http://127.0.0.1:2006/all/gateway/config/interface/2hop
> (which is infact currently really "all" the txtinfo can provide,..)
>
> btw you can use 3 letter abbreviations of commands e.g. /int for /interfaces
> and any combinations of commands. e.g. /link/interface/config
> (but btw the output ordering is fixed)

Ah, thanks, that's more stuff.  It would be good to have this info on the txtinfo howto page on the website. I'd do it if I had editing access.

> why I shouldn't add /variables, /interfaces, and /plugins to txtinfo to get all of the info that httpinfo is providing?
> afair it already does exactly this,..
>
> if not add what is missing,..

I guess I can derive /variables and /plugins from /config, but it'll be a little more work to parse.  It might not really be possible to get all the variables from /config since the variable is commented out if it matches the default, while httpinfo's Variables section just shows all of the variables with their values.  I'll try...

> Or maybe I should just scrape the httpinfo output...
> not agood idea (especially as current httpinfo will not make into next olsrd versions,..)
>
> Markus

Good to know.

.hc