[Olsr-dev] etx_ffeth use widespread?

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Sat Jun 30 16:22:55 CEST 2012

On Jun 27, 2012, at 10:40 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out what the default link quality algorithm for the
> Debian package should be.  For Commotion, etx_ffeth is the default LQ
> algorithm.  It seems that Freifunk uses etx_ff.

I use etx_ffeth in a production network. It is great when you have multiple devices connected together via LAN cables in addition to the wireless links.
The reason why Freifunk and Funkfeuer still use etx_ff is because we can not easily switch a whole network to a new metric.
Otherwise I personally prefer etx_ffeth.