[Olsr-dev] algorithm to generate BSSID from SSID and channel

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Jun 30 10:02:17 CEST 2012

They didn't even mention Adhoc-Mode in 802.11n I think, so I am not
sure the IEEE really cares about it.

Henning

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Teco Boot <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Op 30 jun. 2012 om 08:41 heeft Markus Kittenberger
> <(spam-protected)> het volgende geschreven:
>

>> Users create an IBSS, have a unique SSID. A channel is selected, often the
>> default 1. A (unique) BSSID is selected. What is the problem?
>

> automatic bssid selection is usually a big problem,..
>
> as networks which should be one, will tend to split in to multiple ones.
>

> So there we have the need to repair the spec.
>
> I support any mechanism that comes up with deterministic pseudo- random.
> Should be in the wireless stack, not in config scripts.
>
> Also, the 802.11 spec should have a mode for better support l3 manet.
>
> We could send a letter to IEEE, with problems and suggestions for
> improvements.
>
> Teco
>
> Markus

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."