[Olsr-dev] algorithm to generate BSSID from SSID and channel

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Sat Jun 30 09:33:03 CEST 2012

Op 30 jun. 2012 om 08:41 heeft Markus Kittenberger <(spam-protected)> het volgende geschreven:

> Users create an IBSS, have a unique SSID. A channel is selected, often the default 1. A (unique) BSSID is selected. What is the problem?
>
> automatic bssid selection is usually a big problem,..
>
> as networks which should be one, will tend to split in to multiple ones.

So there we have the need to repair the spec.

I support any mechanism that comes up with deterministic pseudo- random. Should be in the wireless stack, not in config scripts.

Also, the 802.11 spec should have a mode for better support l3 manet.

We could send a letter to IEEE, with problems and suggestions for improvements.

Teco